With the calendar now just a few days away from flipping over into February, many college basketball fans are beginning to look ahead to March Madness, especially after last season’s tournament was wiped out due to COVID concerns. The tournament will begin on March 18, which means we still have a lot of basketball to be played between now and then. The latest rankings are out, and the bookies have their favorites all lined up, but those are both likely to change in the coming weeks. All we can do now is take a look at the current AP Poll Rankings, so let’s get right to it and then you can keep making your bets against their College Basketball odds.
Updated NCAA Basketball Power Rankings
- Gonzaga Bulldogs – It would have been easy for this team to get derailed after going through a stretch where they saw 5 games cancelled. They have not skipped a beat, though, and are now sitting atop the rankings with a perfect 15-0 record. They are second in scoring in the nation with 94.4 PPG this season and look like a legitimate championship threat.
- Baylor Bears – It’s tough to find any team that has not been impacted by cancellations this season, with the Bears certainly in that category. Despite a bit of a stop and start season, they have run out to a 14-0 record, thanks in large part to their defensive play, where they are giving up just 62 PPG this season.
- Villanova Wildcats – After seeing 6 consecutive games cancelled, the Wildcats returned to action and picked up a pair of wins last week, taking their overall record to 10-1. They are a perfect 5-0 in conference play this season and look like a certainty to win the regular season conference title, as the next closest team has 3 losses already.
- Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines are in a 14-day holding pattern right now after a number of positive tests for the new strain of the coronavirus. That is sure to be disappointing for a team off to a very solid 13-1 start. They are set to return to action on Feb. 11, but that could potentially change depending on future results.
- Texas Longhorns – This is another team impacted by COVID, as they have now had back-to-back game cancellations and are without their coach, who is under a 14-day isolation period after testing positive. At the time of writing, the Longhorns game on the 26th is scheduled to go, as they look to build on their 11-2 record.
- Houston Cougars – The Cougars have rebounded nicely from a loss to Tulsa by reeling off 6 straight wins to move to 13-1 on the season. They are playing some fantastic defense and giving up just 56.3 PPG right now. They are also sitting atop the American Conference with an 8-1 record, which gives them a 2 ½ game lead over the pack.
- Iowa Hawkeyes – The Hawkeyes dropped a few spots this week after losing to Indiana in what proved to be a bit of a blowout. They did not get the chance to bounce right back, as their second game last week was postponed. They are scheduled to be back in action on the 29th against ranked Illinois, which would help them head back in the right direction of they win.
College Basketball Betting News
Odds and Lines: College Basketball Betting | Live Betting | National Championship | Most Outstanding Player | March Madness