The Boston Celtics (10-6) take the court against the San Antonio Spurs (9-8) as favorites on Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 8:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect data from William Hill sportsbook as of January 27, 2021, 12:25 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Spurs Betting Odds
Injury Report as of January 27
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Payton Pritchard: Out (Knee)
Derrick White: Out (Toe)
|Spread Pick||Spurs (+3.5)|
|Total Pick||Under (225)|
|Prediction||Spurs 112, Celtics 110|
The William Hill point total for this game is just 2.5 points highter than the model projection.
Click here for today’s NBA betting picks from our team of experts.
Celtics Key Players
Celtics Player Props
- Jaylen Brown’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 30.5, 5.9 less than his season average of 36.4.
- Marcus Smart’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, equal to his season average of 22.5.
- Jayson Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
Spurs Key Players
Spurs Player Props
- DeMar DeRozan’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 33.5, 1.3 greater than his season average of 32.2.
- Keldon Johnson’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 24.5, 0.8 greater than his season average of 23.7.
- Patty Mills’ three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Jakob Poeltl’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.6 blocks higher than his season average of 0.9.
- The Celtics make 47.6% of their shots from the field this season, which is one percentage point higher than the Spurs have allowed to their opponents (46.6%).
- Boston has a 7-4 record against the spread and a 9-3 straight-up record in games it shoots better than 46.6% from the field.
- San Antonio has a 5-3 record against the spread and a 5-3 record overall when allowing its opponents to knock down more than 47.6% of their shots from the field.
- The Spurs are shooting 44.7% from the field, 1.7% lower than the 46.4% the Celtics’ opponents have shot this season.
- San Antonio has put together a 5-0 record against the spread and a 5-0 straight up record in games it shoots better than 46.4% from the field.
- This season, Boston has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 5-1 straight up record when it allows opponents to shoot above 44.7% from the field.
- The Celtics are knocking down 38.3% of their three-point shots this season, 0.1% higher than the 38.2% the Spurs allow opponents to shoot from deep.
- Boston has put together a 6-3 record against the spread and an 8-2 straight-up record in games this season when the team connects on more than 38.2% of its three-point shots.
- San Antonio is 7-2 against the spread while putting together a 7-3 straight-up record when its opponents shoot over 38.3% from three-point distance.
- The Spurs shoot 36.5% from beyond the arc this season. That’s just 0.1 percentage points lower than the Celtics have allowed their opponents to shoot from deep (36.6%).
- San Antonio is 7-2 ATS and 7-3 overall when the team makes more than 36.6% of its three-point attempts.
- Boston has a 5-3 ATS record and a 6-3 straight-up record in games this season it has shot better than 36.5% from three-point distance.
- The Celtics hit 12.4 three-pointers per game this season, 1.2 more made shots on average than the 11.2 per game the Spurs give up.
- When Boston makes more threes than its opponents, it is 6-2 against the spread and 6-2 overall. When San Antonio is out-shot from beyond the arc by its opponents, it is 3-5 ATS and 3-7 straight up.
- The Celtics are the 17th-best three-point shooting team in the NBA, while the Spurs give up the 15th-fewest makes from deep.
Celtics vs Spurs Stat Rankings
|Celtics Rank||Celtics AVG||Spurs AVG||Spurs Rank|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from