The Detroit Lions (3-4) visit NFC North rival Minnesota Vikings (2-5) in their Week 9 matchup Sunday at 1 p.m. ET. Below, we look at the early betting odds and lines at BetMGM Sportsbook.
The Lions were smothered 41-21 at home by the Indianapolis Colts in Week 8. Detroit had 29 rushing yards as a team and QB Matthew Stafford was sacked five times, threw an interception and lost a fumble in the game.
Detroit’s betting records
- Against the spread: 3-4 ATS
- Over/Under: 4-3 O/U
Minnesota RB Dalvin Cook returned from a one-game absence due to injury as the centerpiece of the Vikings’ game plan in their 28-22 victory over the Green Bay Packers. Cook had 226 all-purpose yards with four total touchdowns and QB Kirk Cousins only attempted 14 passes.
Minnesota’s betting records
- Against the spread: 4-3 ATS
- Over/Under: 5-2 O/U
Lions at Vikings betting odds, spread and line
Odds via BetMGM; last updated Monday at 1:13 a.m. ET.
- Money line: Lions +175 (bet $100 to win $175) / Vikings -209 (bet $209 to win $100) | Bet now
- Against the spread: Lions +3.5, -110 (bet $110 to win $100) / Vikings -3.5, -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Bet now
- Total: 52.5, Over -115 (bet $115 to win $100) / Under -106 (bet $106 to win $100) | Bet now
New to NFL betting?
Detroit is a +170 road underdog with a win probability of 36.4% or fractional odds of 7/4 (2.75 decimal odds) in Week 9. If Detroit wins outright or loses by 3 or fewer points, a Lions +3.5 (-110) ticket cashes.
The Vikings are favorites, at -209 with an implied win probability of 67.6%. Those odds are expressed fractionally as 100/209 or 1.48 decimal odds. Minnesota needs to win by 4 or more points for a Vikings -3.5 (-110) bet to win.
- Pivotal plays: Turnovers, penalties bury Detroit (Lions Wire)
- Visit Vikings Wire for the latest Minnesota Vikings news
Get some action on this NFL game or others by signing up and betting at BetMGM. If you’re looking for more sports betting picks and tips, access all of our content at SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow @Geoffery_Clark on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.