With roots dating back to 1946, Golden Nugget is one of the oldest and most recognizable names in casino gaming and sports betting across the United States. As the industry continues its online expansion, its reasonable to ask whether a brick-and-mortar stalwart is up to the task, and able to compete in the iGaming sphere. The answer is a resounding “Yes”. Golden Nugget offers an online sports betting experience that is nothing short of elite.
On this page we’ll discuss Golden Nugget in its entirety. What states can you bet in, what you need to sign up, available markets, banking, and of course, the best promo codes and bonuses.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook Promo Code
New sign-ups with Golden Nugget online sportsbook get to open their account with a $100 risk-free bet. What does risk-free mean? If you lose, you don’t really lose. If your first wager goes awry, Golden Nugget will refund you with a bonus bet equal to the one you lost – up to the max promo value of $100.
Bonus bets will be credited within 72 hours, and notably, you must use all of it at once.
For example, if your first bet with Golden Nugget is for $50 and it comes up short, you will be refunded with a $50 bonus bet. You must then bet the full $50 all at once. If you don’t use 100% of its value, any leftover will be lost… and you don’t want that.
Overall, it’s a relatively no-nonsense offer that provides value for new bettors from day 1. No promo code required to take advantage of the offer.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook Sign Up
In order to bet online with Golden Nugget customers will need to be at least 21 years old, and be inside of a state where the site is licensed to operate (check below for a full list). Follow a few quick steps and you’ll be ready to bet in no-time.
- Step 1: To get started, just click on one of our designated Golden Nugget links that are available on this page.
- Step 2: Hit the red “sign up” button in the top right corner of the GN Sportsbook homepage to pull up the registration form.
- Step 3: Fill in the requested info. The first page will ask you to provide an email address and password. The second gets a little more personal, needing your first/last name, date of birth, gender, and the last four of your social security number. The third and final page is just contact info – address, phone number, security questions, etc.
- Step 4: Last but not least, you’ll be asked to check a few boxes – mainly confirming you accept the T&Cs and that you haven’t lied on your registration form, and then you’re good to go. Click the ‘Register Details’ button to officially create the account.
Before you can place a bet you’ll need to confirm your location. This is done through a geolocation plugin that must be installed on your computer. While browsing the book you’ll likely see this message appear on your screen:
No, it’s not a popup. You’ll want to click the red ‘Download Now’ button. Once installed, the plugin will use your WiFi signal to communicate your position to the sportsbook. If Golden Nugget can’t place you, you can’t bet.
Mobile bettors won’t need to complete this step. The Golden Nugget sports betting app will be able to access, with the right permissions, of course, the GPS chip on your device.
Golden Nugget Online Deposits and Withdrawals
No matter which state you’re accessing the Golden Nugget online sportsbook from, you’ll be able to conduct lightning-fast deposits and withdrawals through a large variety of available methods.
Popular options include:
- Visa Credit/Debit Cards – Will be available everywhere. Enter the numbers and you are all set.
- MasterCard Credit/Debit Cards – Like Visa, offered commonly in all markets.
- American Express Credit Cards – A far less common option, but it is encouragingly accepted in NJ which gives hope to other states.
- PayPal – An eWallet that is as smooth as butter. Fund it easily, and transfer the cash over to the Golden Nugget with a few strokes of the keyboard. An excellent choice for speedy withdrawals, too.
- Online Bank Transfers – If your bank has an online bill-paying feature it can be used to directly attach the account to your GN account. Fast and efficient.
- VIP Preferred / eCheck – A digital check that clears in an instant. ACH transfers are relied upon for iGaming transactions all over the country.
- PayNearMe – Head over to your local CVS Pharmacy, Family Dollar, or even 7-Eleven. You’ll receive a barcode after initiating the deposit that the cashier can scan for you and accept cash right at the register. Funds are online, ready for betting in just moments.
- Prepaid Play+ Card – GN-specific Play+ Cards are extremely easy to add funds to, and can actually be used while you are out and about in the world. It’s not just a convenient deposit/withdrawal method.
- Wire Transfer – They won’t break any speed records, but if you’re shipping a larger sum in or out of your account – wires are hard to beat.
- Cash at the Casino Cage – Visit the Golden Nugget’s licensing partner in your state and hand over cash at the casino cage. They can deposit it for you immediately.
Keep in mind that the available deposit and withdrawal methods will vary by state. Not every Golden Nugget cashier will be the same nationwide, although rest assured each will be replete with choice. Your money will never be far away.
Bet With Ease
Once you’ve created an account and made a deposit, it’s time for the fun part: placing bets.
Golden Nugget’s online sportsbook is laid out well, and placing bets is a pain-free process. The book gives you the most important events, games, and contests right up front so they’re easy to find. Use the ‘Today’s Games’ or the ‘Upcoming Games’ tab to sort through them.
There’s also a complete list of betting markets on the left side of the screen if you’ve got something a little more specific in mind.
Once you’ve made your pick(s), you just need to click on the side of the wager you want and it’ll automatically populate on your betting slip to the right. Choose the amount of the wager, and click ‘Place Bets’.
All of the odds and potential payouts are clearly displayed. By adding more than one bet to your slip the interface also allows you to easily combine them together for fun multi-bets like parlays or teasers.
Current Markets: Where You Can Bet With Golden Nugget
Golden Nugget online sportsbook has only made it to one state thus far: New Jersey. Expansion is in the works, however. Arrangements have already been made in the state of Michigan, and rest assured that won’t be the final stop.
|State||Promo Code||Bonus||Online Launch||Casino Partner||Retail Launch|
|New Jersey||No Code Needed – Click Here!||$100 Risk Free Bet||February 19, 2019||Golden Nugget AC||August 15, 2018|
|Michigan||No Code Needed – Click Here!||TBD||TBD||Ojibwa Casinos||TBD|
The United States Supreme Court shot down the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act in May of 2018, opening the flood gates for sports betting legislation throughout the country. However, without broad, wide-sweeping federal legislation, each individual state is now left to chart its own course.
As a result, we now have numerous, slightly different but ultimately similar markets developing around the U.S. In this section, we’ll point out any differences in the areas where you can find the Golden Nugget online. It is currently active in the following markets:
New Jersey was the first state to launch online sports betting in the post-PASPA world. Using its own, Golden Nugget Atlantic City casino as a licensing partner, the Golden Nugget online sportsbook site first went live on February 19, 2019. The company uses SBTech as its technology provider.
The state has a few nuanced restrictions to keep in mind. NJ law doesn’t permit wagering on in-state collegiate sports teams. No matter where they’re competing in the world, they’re always off-limits. Likewise, any college contest held in-state won’t be found in local online sportsbooks.
In July 2020 the Golden Nugget announced that it had reached a deal with the Keweenaw Bay Indian Community to partner for both online sports betting and casino operations in Michigan. The tribe owns and operates two Ojibwa casinos located in Baraga and Marquette, on the Upper Peninsula.
All major sports, professional and college, will be up for grabs in Michigan. The state’s online betting market hasn’t launched yet but is expected to go live at some point in late 2020 or early 2021. We will let you know once the Golden Nugget is ready to go.
Golden Nugget Sportsbook Mobile App
The Golden Nugget app is available for both iOS and Android devices. Check the app store of your choosing, you’ll find it listed as “Golden Nugget Casino”. The sports betting app is actually a dual-purpose, sportsbook, and casino. It does both products quite well.
When you load the app you will see the casino first, click the “sports” square, which has a picture of a football, at the very top of the app to move over to the sportsbook. Similarly, when you’re in the sportsbook there’s a “casino” square that you can easily use to navigate back.
The app will give you a few banners near the top of the page that will typically show current, ongoing promotions – like odds boosts (seen above). As you move down the screen the same “Today’s Games” and “Upcoming Games” buttons that are available on the desktop version of the sportsbook are also present on the app.
The “All Sports” button will call up a second page that will list all of the available betting markets in a clearly displayed grid. To start the betting process, just tap on the wager you want and it’ll add it to your slip. Of note, you’ll need to offer the app access to the GPS chip on your device before you can look at the bet slip. If you’re not in a state that has access to Golden Nugget Sportsbook – you can’t bet.
The Golden Nugget mobile app allows you to do everything that the desktop product does… plus you can take it with you. Deposit, withdraw, contact support, place bets, view lines – it does it all.
What is the Golden Nugget Sportsbook sign up bonus?
Does the bonus have any wagering requirements?
The risk-free bet is paid out in the form of a singular bonus bet. It has to be used all at once, which is the main thing to keep in mind. If you get a $100 bonus bet but use it on a $75 wager, you’re losing out on that extra $25 value. Bet it all. Once you’ve used the free bet, the winnings are yours to keep.
Is Golden Nugget Sportsbook legal?
Yes – Golden Nugget is a legal, licensed online sportsbook. In every state that it operates GN has received authorization from the regulatory authorities responsible for overseeing the industry. Your cash and bets are completely safe.
What states have access to Golden Nugget online sportsbook?
Check out the table above for a complete list of all of the states/markets that Golden Nugget has landed in. Laws and regulations are being expanded across the country, and so is Golden Nugget. We’ll update accordingly as new states launch.
Does Golden Nugget have any resources for bettors who may have a problem?
Golden Nugget has shown a strong commitment to keeping customers safe. Scroll to the bottom of the book and select the ‘Responsible Gaming’ button for a list of state-specific, and national resources.