| Sportsbook Wire
The top-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs (16-0, 7-0 West Coast) visit the Pepperdine Waves (7-7, 3-2) Saturday for an 8 p.m. ET tip-off. Below, we analyze the Gonzaga-Pepperdine college basketball odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Rankings courtesy of the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Gonzaga at Pepperdine: Odds, spread and lines
- Money line : None listed as of this publishing, likely because the point spread is so large.
- Against the spread/ATS : Gonzaga -21.5 (-105) | Pepperdine +21.5 (-115)
- Over/Under : 163.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Gonzaga at Pepperdine: Three things to know
- This is not a misprint. Gonzaga owns a 40-game win streak vs Pepperdine and leads the all-time series 60-31. The Bulldogs took the first meeting of the season 95-70 at home Jan. 14 but failed to cover as 27-point favorites. The Waves’ last win in the series, an 88-79 home victory, was way back on Jan. 18, 2002.
- Gonzaga is coming off a 90-62 rout at San Diego Thursday but didn’t cover the spread as a 29.5-point favorite. Sophomore F Drew Timme and senior F Corey Kispert scored 21 and 19 points, respectively, as the Zags cruised to their 20th win in a row dating back to last season. Kispert is the Bulldogs’ leading scorer at 20.5 points per game followed by Timme’s 18.7 PPG.
- Pepperdine is 3-1 since its loss to Gonzaga earlier in the month. It most recently squeaked past visiting BYU 76-73 Wednesday. G Colbey Ross hit 1 of 2 free throws to break a 73-all tie with 44 seconds left. The senior would sink 2 more FTs 27 seconds later and finished with a game-high 19 points. Junior F Kessler Edwards leads the Waves in points (18.3 PPG), rebounds (6.6 RPG) and blocks (1.3 BPG).
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM ‘s risk-free, first-bet offer!
Gonzaga at Pepperdine: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
Gonzaga 94, Pepperdine 74
Money line (ML)
No line was posted as of this publishing. If BetMGM eventually lists one, it definitely won’t be worth a bet due to the large spread and lopsided matchup.
Against the spread (ATS)
Back PEPPERDINE +21.5 ( -115) with a HALF-UNIT bet. The Waves have covered the spread in five of the last six games in the head-to-head series.
They’re also 4-0-1 ATS in their last five games overall, while the Zags, who are beating opponents by an average of 24.1 PPG, are 1-4-1 ATS in their last six games.
ATS: Gonzaga 7-8-1 | Pepperdine 7-4-1
The OVER 163.5 ( -110) is the STRONGEST PLAY – 1½ times your usual wager. The Zags lead the country in scoring at 94.1 PPG and field-goal percentage at 55.0%.
With that type of offensive attack, they don’t have to focus too much on defense. They yield 70.1 PPG; the Waves’ offense averages 76.1 PPG.
This all amounts to a high-scoring affair.
O/U records: Gonzaga 7-9 | Pepperdine 4-7-1
Want some action on this one? Place a bet at BetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
|Johnny’s 2020-21 CBK record / Strongest plays||
43-36-1 / 18-21
|CBK record since Jan. 1 / Strongest plays||
28-19-1 / 13-11
|2021 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays||
41-25-1 / 21-13
|2020 overall record (all sports) / Strongest plays||
178-147-4 / 87-61-1
Follow @JohnnyParlay11 on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama / Auburn / Florida / Georgia / LSU / Michigan / Michigan State / Notre Dame / Ohio State / Oklahoma / Tennessee / Texas / USC / Wisconsin
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.