| Sportsbook Wire
The Kansas Jayhawks (11-5 overall, 5-4 Big 12) tangle with the Tennessee Volunteers (11-3 , 5-3, SEC) Saturday evening at 6 p.m. ET at Thompson-Boling Arena in Knoxville, Tenn. Below, we analyze the Kansas-Tennessee college basketball odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Tennessee is No. 17 in the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports. Kansas is ranked 18th.
Kansas at Tennessee:Odds, spread andlines
- Money line : Kansas +140 (bet $100 to win $140) | Tennessee -165 (bet $165 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Kansas +3.5 (-110) | Tennessee -3.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 130.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Kansas at Tennessee: Three things to know
- The Jayhawks are coming off a hard-fought 59-51 win over TCU Thursday. In a win that prevented a fourth straight loss, Kansas mostly trailed for 32 minutes before taking over in the final eight. The Jayhawks held the Horned Frogs to a 35.2% accuracy mark from the field after allowing a 48.1% figure in their three straight setbacks.
- The Volunteers are also coming off a close win which served as a bounce back. Tennessee downed Mississippi State 56-53 Tuesday. The win by the Vols snapped a two-game losing skid.
- Kansas allowed 75.7 points per game over its last three on the road, and that 75-point mark has been significant for the Jayhawks. Kansas is 0-5 when it allows 75 or more points in a game and 11-0 when it holds opponents to fewer than 75 points.
Special College Basketball Betting Promotion!
Bet $1 on any college basketball team money line, WIN an additional $100 (in free bets) if ANY team hits a 3-pointer today. Promotion available in CO, IN, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV. IA and PA residents, don’t miss BetMGM ‘s risk-free, first-bet offer!
Kansas at Tennessee: Odds, lines, predictions and picks
Tennessee 66, Kansas 62
Money line (ML)
Both teams figure to be in a bit of a desperation mode in this one. Tennessee’s recent struggles seem to be less systemic (shooting misfires in a couple of games). BACK THE VOLS; the -165 price is a solid value.
Against the spread (ATS)
The edge of a one-possession game looks to be the lean, but there isn’t enough of a cushion to leverage a lean on Tennessee. PASS.
The makeup of both teams calls for a tempo in the bottom-third range. Peg a 125 total as enough of a possibility that decent value can be found in the UNDER 130.5 (-110) play.
Want some action on this one? Place a bet atBetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Additional college sports coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama / Auburn / Florida / Georgia / LSU / Michigan / Michigan State / Notre Dame / Ohio State / Oklahoma / Tennessee / Texas / USC / Wisconsin
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.