- A very intriguing middleweight bout headlines the card
- Can Oliveira get back into the win column after his loss on the Contender Series?
- See the odds, picks, and betting preview for the LFA 98 main card
Legacy Fighting Alliance is back in Park City, Kansas on Friday, January 29, 2021, for LFA 98.
In the main event, Josh Fremd battles Bruno Oliveira, who is fresh off his Dana White’s Contender Series loss at middleweight. The co-main event sees JJ Okanovich vs Lucas Clay.
LFA 98 main card airs live on UFC Fight Pass at 9 PM EST. The table below shows odds for the main card followed by best bets.
LFA 98 Main Card Odds
All odds as of Jan. 27
Can Fremd Pick Up The Biggest Win Of His Career?
Josh Fremd has been one of the better middleweights in LFA but gets a tough test in Bruno Oliveira who was a win away from being a member of the UFC roster.
Fremd & Oliveira Recent Fights
|Antonio Jones, win by TKO||Fight 1||Carlos Ulberg, loss by KO|
|Lamar Gosey, win by TKO||Fight 2||Jared Gooden, win by TKO|
|Travis Davis, win by split decision||Fight 3||Alan Dutra, win by decision|
|Andre Hall, win by submission||Fight 4||Lucas Roncoli, win by TKO|
Oliveira got screwed on the Contender Series. He was supposed to fight KB Bhullar, which was a very winnable fight. However, Bhullar got signed to the UFC right away, and Oliveira then had to move up to 20-pounds to light heavyweight to face Israel Adesanya’s main training partner, Carlos Ulberg and it did not go his way.
HUGE WIN for Oliveira over Gooden
Middleweight action #TitanFC55 pic.twitter.com/IJ1gWKRecs
— Titan FC (@TitanFighting) June 29, 2019
In this fight, Oliveira will be returning to middleweight but has a tough test in front of him as Fremd is very well-rounded with some knockout power. If Fremd wins this one, he likely will get a contract offer from Bellator or the UFC.
Fremd vs Oliveira Stats
This fight should be a very entertaining one if you need something to watch on a Friday night. Fremd and Oliveira should engage in a back-and-forth striking battle for as long as it lasts. Although Fremd does have a ground game, I think the Brazilian’s takedown defense will be good enough to keep it standing.
Early on, I expect Fremd to use his volume to try and piece Oliveira up. However, I do believe Oliveira is the better striker and will eventually land something big that drops Fremd. -105 is also a solid line as bettors will likely have a bad taste in their mouth from his last fight, but that was up 20-pounds, and he was outsized in the fight.
Pick: Bruno Oliveira (-105)
Other LFA 98 Picks:
- JJ Okanovich (-175): Both Okanovich and Clay are grapplers, and when that happens it becomes a striking match, and Okanovich is the better striker and will likely get a decision win.
- Richard Palencia (-400): I don’t understand this fight. Palencia is 7-0 and a top prospect, while Saudino is 9-6 and 1-5 in his last six. Palencia should take Saudino down early and submit him.
- Joshua DaSilveira (-350): DaSilveira will land something big and KO Paul in the first or second as his striking is on another level than Paul.
- Zac Pauga (-425): Pauga should win by KO, but both men are 1-0 as professionals, and there isn’t much tape on them. This a fight you shouldn’t bet on.