Canadian lottery monopoly Loto-Quebec has announced their first half 2020-2021 financial results, noting that revenues fell 51.4% from the period.
Key financial indicators for the six months ending September 28th, 2020 were:
- Revenues of $687.4 million CAD, down sharply due to the suspension of lottery sales due to the Covid-19 pandemic
- Casino revenues down 64.9% to $179.9 million CAD
- Venue revenue (bars and bingo halls) down 62.7% to $174 million CAD
- Retail lottery sales down 25.5% to $335.3 million CAD
- Online gaming casino revenues up 131.6% to $105.6 million
- Online lottery revenues up 292.5% to $60.9 million
Quebec is a province in Canada, sitting on the Eastern side of the country. The province’s betting industry is overseen by Loto-Quebec, who runs the lotteries, casinos, and online betting services within the region.