Festive season is here, but it does not feel the same. Does it? There’s no excitement of exchanging gifts, visiting your loved ones, greeting and wishing people or sharing laughter and joy this year. More than anything else, no hanging out with friends and playing the customary rummy.
But we have the ideal solution to your problem. At Adda52Rummy, you can virtually hang out with your friends and play rummy. Let the festive season feel like a celebratory one!
Basic Online Rummy Game Rules
- The game is played by 2-6 players. If there are two of you playing the game, one deck of cards will be used. Otherwise, two decks will be used.
- Every player gets 13 cards, which are visible to individual players only.
- A minimum of one pure sequence and one impure sequence is required to win the game.
- The goal is to make a valid declare as quickly as possible. If you become the first player to do so, you will win the game fair and square!
Note: At Adda52Rummy, the player score is calculated as soon as a valid declare is made. The scores are calculated for all the losing players as well. The score of the win is calculated based on the points accumulated by the defeated players.
- The points for all the non melded cards are calculated. In case you hold no sequence in your hand, all the cards in hand will be taken for point calculation. In the event where you are losing and have one pure and one impure sequence, only unmatched cards will be counted. Losing players can accumulate a maximum of 80 points per game.
- A sequence consists of 3 or more cards of the same rank. The joker and wild cards cannot be used to form a pure sequence.
- A set is made up of 3 or 4 cards of different suits (colors) but of the same rank. Like three aces or four 7’s. You can use a joker card to form a set.
Steps Followed in Rummy Game
- Choose a table that you want to join when you play online. Make sure that you select the variant of rummy you are most comfortable with and wish to play!
- After the cards are dealt to each player, the first card of the discard pile is selected. Automatically, it becomes the wild card joker card.
- Then, you should arrange your cards to see which ones you should keep in hand and which ones you should discard. Strategize in a manner that you can complete the melding of all cards in hand into valid sets and sequences.
- At your turn, point your cursor to the top card in the discard pile or the top card from the stockpile. Then, discard one of the cards in your hand to the discard pile. In this way, you can maintain the 13 cards in hand.
- Picking and discarding cards will continue until you or your competitor melds all the cards in valid sequences and sets. Rummy rules state that the game gets over when a show of cards is made.
Tips to Win Rummy Game
- Strategize Well
Much like chess, rummy is a game of skill and strategy. Learn and work on all the rummy strategies to secure a big win. Stop using the old fashioned cliched tactics again and again. Observe your opponents and make moves as per the situation. Turn the tables around and gain a fair advantage by changing your strategy in between. Make sure to surprise or trick your opponent.
- Keep Your Patience
Rummy is a game of patience. It is common for rummy players to blunder without patience, especially when playing online. One bad move in a hurry can cost you the entire game. So, do not make quick decisions, or you will lose. Instead, learn to stay calm and make decisions wisely to increase your probability of winning the game!
- Avoid Dependence on the Joker
The joker card can be a life-saver in a rummy game. But it does not mean that not having one in your hand spells doom. You will still have as much chance as your opponents to get the joker or wild card from the deck.
At the same time, try to keep a close watch on your opponents. Try to take a cue or two by noting the cards that they pick from the discarded pile. Doing this simply will help you win the game even if you haven’t been lucky with a joker card.